Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Ummm... hi.


Umm… hi.

As Jamie Wright (theveryworstmissionary.com) said “Feel free to ignore this.”

This is going to be a pretty uncomfortable post for me. Probably because I have already written one like this and feel like I need to do it again.

First of all, everything up to this point (other than the waiting period) has been totally in my comfort zone.  Filling out applications… easy. Interviews…not too bad. Getting people to write really nice things about me to send into the organizations….ok, that was kinda uncomfortable. But this is difficult for me. I don’t like asking for help, we should probably just add that to the list of things I do terribly.

It is an inevitably awkward conversation. “Hi, I know we only met once, but would you consider donating to me?” Honestly, I kinda feel like I have no business asking people.

I have received some donations (y’all know who you are and there is something that will be in the mail for you shortly) and every time one comes in, I cry. It OVERWHLEMS me. Partly because I feel like the most unqualified person in the world to be doing this, but mostly because the Church has become tangible to me. I don’t feel like I am going over there alone. I feel very much supported and cared for and loved, like you guys are my teammates. Cheesy, I know, but it’s how I feel.

You guys are showing me more about what the Church is and who Jesus is. And it BLOWS me away. Seriously.

 

With that said, I still need help. There are still more funds to raise and I can’t do it without you. If you would please pray about supporting me, I would so appreciate. ANYTHING helps. I know that small gifts are often big sacrifices, and I appreciate every single donation.

If you want, please email me and we can set up a time to talk if you would like to know more about what I am doing out there.

There is also a link above that says “Donate here” that you can click on.

You guys are so great. Thank you, heaps!

-janay

Janay.jarvis@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment