Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

And so it begins...

Hey Everyone,
I am moving to Cambodia! I can’t believe it. Before I go, I need your help (in more areas than one). First some background on the country and why I am moving there.
Cambodia is located in Southeast Asia, sandwiched between Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam. In the 1970’s Cambodia experienced a massive genocide of at least 1 million people. Pol Pot was the ring leader and had a plan to create a peasant society, and in that vision included wiping out all those who were educated. This was ironic, since Pol Pot himself was highly educated. Because of this, Cambodia went into a tailspin. As a result, the sex trafficking industry exploded. Girls were being taken, sold, and tricked into forced prostitution. Today, it is still a huge issue that plagues Cambodia and the rest of Southeast Asia. Thankfully, there are many organizations that are dedicated to seeing trafficking end and are making great strides to turn that into a reality.
My first time in Cambodia was in 2010, and I witnessed firsthand the hard work of those who have committed their life to rescuing, rehabilitating, and reintroducing these precious girls back into healthy living. I went back a year later (apparently I just couldn’t stay away) and saw a few new organizations who were working tirelessly and sacrificially. I was hooked, yet again.
So, after 3 years of my own stubbornness and two previous job offers in Cambodia that I turned down, it seems that the third time's the charm! The Lord is calling me to full time ministry in the capital city, Phnom Penh. I will be working with an organization called Daughters of Cambodia (check them out, they are too awesome:www.daughtersofcambodia.org), who work with girls who are coming out of trafficking in the 15-20’s age group.
Like I said before, I need your help. First and foremost, I absolutely covet your prayers. I cannot do this alone and need the body to be lifting me and the ministry up in prayers on a daily basis. Without that, I will surely fail. Secondly, I need help financially. If y’all can prayerfully consider supporting me financially, that would be so great. I am needing one time and monthly donors. You can find donation info and a video about the organization below.
You guys are the best, thanks for just taking the time to read this.
-janay
Isaiah 58:6-10
“Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke? 7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh? 8 Then shall your light break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up speedily; your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard. 9 Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry, and he will say, ‘Here I am.’ If you take away the yoke from your midst, the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness, 10 if you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday.



If you would like to donate, you have two options. You can donate by mail (feel free to email me for all the paperwork) or you can donate online, and the instructions are below.

click on this link: http://internationaloutreachministries.org/support.html
and then you can click on one time or monthly donations. Please make sure to put my name in the box that says "For the ministry of," otherwise the money will not be allocated to me.
All donations are tax deductible.
Thank y'all for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment