Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Farewell, sweet Arizona!


Well, friends, family, and stalkers, these are my last few days in Phoenix. Monday I leave for the great state of California to spend about 4 days with my family. This will definitely be my last blog before taking off. Next you’ll hear from me will be when I am on Cambodian soil!

Other than being completely annoyed at the government shutdown for not letting me see the Grand Canyon before I left (yes, I have lived in AZ for a decade and still have never been there), I have come to grips with leaving. Mostly. I am also still grieving the reality that I will probably never summit Camelback Mountain (2 for 2 in not making it to the top!). It isn’t even a real mountain. It’s like a large hill, and I still can’t finish.

The part of my soul that died a little with the loss of the above goals was resurrected by my sweet friends and how they love.  I thought about writing all about everything that has transpired in the 2.5 months since realizing I was actually, for real, without a doubt, moving to Cambodia (because some stories are incredible), but I decided against it.

I will leave you with some words of wisdom (obviously not mine) that have been echoing in my head since the pastor at church spoke them last week.

We belong to each other.

Galatians 6:2

Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment